Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repsnapper and mega 2560 almost solved

Posted by dissidence 
repsnapper and mega 2560 almost solved
February 12, 2011 11:52PM
i seem to be running into issues trying to get my new ramps board talking to the arduino mega 2560 i can program it fine and then when i try to connect to it, it will just not connect. yet when i try with the arduino software, i will get a short start message, is there another setting that i am missing.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 11:52PM by dissidence.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: repsnapper and mega 2560
February 13, 2011 05:43AM
Not sure why, but I've found that RepSnapper will connect to RAMPS perfectly after a fresh restart, but not after connecting with the Arduino IDE. I'm running Windows 7, what OS are you using?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 13, 2011 02:08PM
i am using windows 7 like you, i never thought of trying that out, i wonder if it is not a bug in the drivers then.?

sad part is that idea never came to mind.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 13, 2011 02:14PM
tried that one too, still not working, i just turned my computer on this morning and have not run the arduino ide yet.

this one is confounding me

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 14, 2011 01:28PM
Well, I'm not sure. I'd guess it has something to do with the new USB chip the Arduino UNO's use. Did you make sure to set the baud rate to 115200 in RepSnapper?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 14, 2011 01:35PM
i have been able to get it to connect to my arduino mega 1280, but i have got a comment on my blog that there is a bug in some of the firmware on the new usb chip that you can re flash but i am still looking into that,

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: repsnapper and mega 2560 almost solved
February 18, 2011 12:07AM
well i changed my drivers for the arduino mega back to the ones that came with 0021 and i have also reflashed the atmel usb chip. i was able to connect to the arduino only after unplugging an plugging it back in, then i could get it to connect. but if i close repsnapper and re open it, it will not connect,

this is a step in the right direction and a big one at that too, so now i think i just need to wait for a driver update.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
You guys are awesome- I was beating my head against the wall trying to solve this. I could connect to my machine and give it gcode using the terminal connection in arduino software, but repsnapper was failing to connect. I disabled the device in the device manager and re-enabled it, opened up repsnapper without arduino first, and it works great. AWESOME.
May 17, 2011 06:40AM
Check task manager, and make sure there is not a zombie RepSnapper running. It could be that it is not quoting properly.
August 03, 2011 01:34PM
I using ubuntu and restarting repsnapper worked for me too! thanks smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login