Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

End Stops

Posted by Atomhax 
End Stops
January 04, 2012 03:59PM
Hello,

I ordered a Techzone Huxley with "techzone" modified gen 3 electronics. I've searched the internet but I haven't been able to find the solution (which I'm sure is simple).

I put the Reprap Huxley together

After I got everything hooked up when I was moving the axis in manual mode using repsnapper the axis wont stop once they get to the endstops. They will continue in the direction further towards the endstops. Further more once they reach the endstops I am no long able to move it back away from the end stop.

It's almost like end stop functionality is reversed.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Re: End Stops
January 04, 2012 04:00PM
I've tried this using windows 7 64 bit and 7 32bit.
January 04, 2012 05:05PM
Seems like your motors are going in the wrong direction. You can reverse them by swapping the first two wires, or putting the plug on backwards if it fits.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 04, 2012 06:33PM
Oh... I'm at work now but I think that's probably it. What was happening was in repsnapper when I would manually tell the Z to go up, it would go down. I just assumed the software was screwy. I'm the screwy one. I'll report on it in a bit. Thanks for the quick reply.
January 05, 2012 02:53PM
OK so the end stops are working Properly. Thanks for helping. I guess the picture on the Wiki I used had it wired differently.
January 07, 2012 02:53AM
Ok so that totally wasn't it. What happens now is the end stop functions fine. but now when I start a print the motor heads in the wrong direction when it goes to home. If I were to put the end stops on the opposite site towards the wrong direction. it would have the same broken behavior as before. I followed up with techzone support as well and we'll see what they say.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login