Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RedSnapper Design Program

Posted by sswcharlie 
RedSnapper Design Program
April 09, 2011 04:46AM
Hi

I thought from the web page for RepRap (Botmill) that the RedSnaper is a design program as well. have just downloaded the progrma but it appears it is only a control for the 3d print.

What is the easiest design program to use to design for RedSnaper print.

I just want to do model railroad items. Just a small uncomplicated design. Then print off. When I can find someone downunder to print it for me.

Thanks

Charlie
Re: RedSnapper Design Program
April 09, 2011 06:11AM
You can use any program which can export to the STL file format. I'm not aware of an application which can't.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 11, 2011 03:02PM
sketchup can't export .stl without a plugin. maybe sketchup pro can, but not the free version
April 12, 2011 09:44AM
But there are many free programs that will read one of the Sketchup export types and convert it to STL files. Off the top of my head, I think Meshlab does this.

May 02, 2011 07:34PM
Where down under are you I'm in New Zealand. Free programs that can export to .stl include NetFabb which I use to orient parts if I've designed them and they end up on their side or something when I import to Repsnapper or Solidworks do a free eDrawing reader which can also do it. I would recommend though NetFabb although I use both

Click here to login