Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Latest build for Mac?

Posted by Adrian 
Latest build for Mac?
June 14, 2011 02:23PM
Does anyone have the latest version of repsnapper compiled for mac? I ask because I have no experience with coding/compiling!

I've been successfully using the following version of repsnapper:
[sites.google.com]

I'm asking because I just uploaded the sprinter firmware to my Gen 6 board but in Repsnapper for mac I'm not getting a temperature reading (blank). In windows, repsnapper does report it.

I believe that the windows version is newer (shows additional features than the mac version).

Anyone with the latest mac compiled version?

I'm running OS X 10.6.7 (snow leopard)
Thanks guys!
Re: Latest build for Mac?
July 01, 2011 11:53AM
Hello Adrian

as far as I know, the link you attached refers to the only two MacOs builds available on the web.
I have RepSnapper-01-09-2010.dmg on my MacOS Snow Leopard. I use it only to load Skeinforge generated Gcode in order to print it.
However, the temperature output is shown in this version and it works very well. I´m using Tonokip firmware on a RAMPS board.
I would wish to have a newer, more accurate version for Mac but as far as I know - compiling one from binaries for MacOs can be a very challenging issue. I decided now to compile a more current version on Linux Ubuntu.
July 02, 2011 09:46PM
Use Kliment's Pronterface which is part of Printrun instead.
July 03, 2011 03:14PM
@brnrd

Thank you I would have never found it other than through this forum.
Since July 2nd I do not use my Mac any longer for controlling my Mendel since I installed now timschmidt-repsnapper-d3a1a78 on Linux Ubuntu 10.4.
It´s performing excellent on a Pentium 3 Machine with 512 Mb RAM. This Computer I bought ten years ago!
So now that my Mendel is running fine I´ll try Kliment´s Pronterface/Printrun on my Mac 10.6 and 10.4 very soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login