Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD-Ramps not working

Posted by kkberg 
SD-Ramps not working
October 12, 2011 05:32AM
Hello,

I use Ramps 1.3 with SD-Ramps from RepRapWorld. Problem, SD-Ramps doesn't work. Shapercube 2.0 with Arduino Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.3 with Kliment-Sprinter-f832569 Firmware. I installed Kliments firmware and enabled SDSUPPORT.
LED doesn't shine and Printrun says that SD init fails. We checked power with multimeter, but there is no power on the SD-board.
Has anyone an idea what I can do, or is some more information needed?

Thanks

Klaus
Re: SD-Ramps not working
October 15, 2011 09:21AM
You did have a microSD card in it, right? If so, have you tried another or verified that it worked somewhere else like a cell phone, camera or laptop?
October 15, 2011 10:37AM
I tested different cards they even didn't work. After that I ordered a new SD-Rampsboard from Kliment.
I only could make a SDRamps test with an Arduinoboard because didn't have the printer at home.
The test works fine now, LED shines. Using the first SDRampsboard and it doesn't work.
The boards look totally same, all parts look equal but no power on the board. I don't know where
the mistake is. We'll have a look on monday.

Klaus
November 12, 2011 10:18AM
You're not using a Kingston card, right? The wiki mentions it is not supported as it lacks of SPI interface. I do not know if any other brand might be at fault here too.

misan
November 12, 2011 10:49AM
I bought a SD-card reader from Kliment and it works with my SD-Cards
DrE
December 08, 2011 03:20PM
I had a problem with the SDRAMPS board not working on my RAMPS 1.3.
I plugged it directly into the Arduino (as per the test procedure on the SDRAMPS website) & it recognised the test.txt file on my FAT16 formatted SD card. But when I put the RAMPS back on the Arduino & plugged the SDRAMPS board in I got no red light & the 'init fail' error. So I did a continuity test from the socket pins that the SD board plugs into back to the 8 pins on the Arduino; 3 of them had no continuity. I carefully soldered 3 short, thin cables in place to make up for the lost continuity & everything worked perfectly after that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login