Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nothin on the heated bed

Posted by mydogjustice 
Nothin on the heated bed
March 18, 2012 04:26PM
I've been printing for a few weeks now and all has been smooth. Today I got around to changing my setup and installing the hotbed, but its no workin.

I'm working with RAMPS 1.4 and Marlin, although I went back and retested with Sprinter with no luck either. PSU should be big enough. 450W with two seperate 12V rails pushing 20A each. I've got 12V at the incoming terminals on both. If I turn on the fan or the hot end, I get red led lights and 12V on the terminals. When I turn on the bed, I get a big fat nothing. No LED, no 12 and no heat. Checked the onboard fuses and they both seemed to be ok.

So am I overlooking something in the firmware or is it in the hardware? I'll keep fiddling, just thought someone else might have some insight!

Thanks!

JW

Josh

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
Re: Nothin on the heated bed
March 18, 2012 04:33PM
May have posted a bit too early. Found I'm not getting any resistance on the thermistor. Gotta check connections, but that would be a problem right? I think there is something in both Marlin and Sprinter that disable bed below 5 and right now its checking in at 0. Should have been my first clue.

Josh

Re: Nothin on the heated bed
March 18, 2012 08:00PM
And we have a winner! Had a bad connection on the thermistor. Reterminated and its burnin!

Josh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login