Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

building a RAMPS board

Posted by GITRDUN 
building a RAMPS board
April 21, 2012 10:23AM
I bought the makergear mendel prusa. I have it assembled and am now starting on the electronics. I bought the build it yourself kit to learn all i can. So i have to solder the parts onto the boards as well. In the instructions it states to solder a total of 9 resistors (two 4.7K and seven 100K) onto the ramps board, my kit only has 5 resistors and the bag wasnt marked so i dont know what resistance these 5 even are. I have a feeling i got the latest greatest version of parts but there are no instructions yet.
Re: building a RAMPS board
April 21, 2012 11:09AM

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 21, 2012 01:05PM
I found the build instructions for the V1.4 board. [reprap.org] .
April 23, 2012 12:08AM
Nice as it was of rhmorrison to give you a resistor color code chart, you will really need a multimeter to put your MakerGear Mendel together. You'll have to be able to measure voltages to be sure your power supply is working, and measure resistances to check that things (like your thermistors) are connected properly. So you can use your multimeter to work out what your resistance values are too.

I've posted a bunch of articles about my experiences assembling my MakerGear Prusa. You might like to look at the assembly guide table of contents at
[brazenartifice.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login