Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to disable endstops

Posted by johnoly99 
How to disable endstops
February 21, 2012 07:00PM
Ok, so def. new to the arduino controlled route for CNC printers. But, I have the firmware loaded, and using sprinter I can Jog the axes one direction, not the other. I don't have endstops, and don't want them. I want to be able to jog the machine to a certain point, then "teach" it that it is at zero, by sending it G92X0Y0Z0 etc...

I'm pretty sure my problem has to do with endstops, and the machine isn't seeing that it's "homed" so will only allow travel in one direction.

RAMPS_1.4
Arduino_0023
stock sprinter firmware with mods for steps_per usual stuff

Thanks in advance.

We're taking a bunch of our machines to the mini maker faire in Cedar Rapids Iowa, and I want to bring an arduino machine w/us so I can show it can be done too, but no luck so far.

John "Oly"
SeeMeCNC.com
Re: How to disable endstops
February 21, 2012 10:18PM
Nevermind, Figured it out. Change the "allow_minimum_blah_etc..." to allow moves both greater than and less than the home switches, and Now I can jog in both directions. I actually had it playing imperial march on the xy and z motors tonight! (gotta love CNC_Music_Factory adn midi2cnc.py)

Thanks anyways, I'm sure I'll have more Q's that I won't fix as fast sooner or later.

John "Oly"
SeeMeCNC.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login