Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't connect to or program RAMPS 1.4 [solved]

Posted by ttsalo 
Can't connect to or program RAMPS 1.4 [solved]
April 22, 2012 07:19AM
I got a preassembled RAMPS 1.4 system in the mail but I'm having some problems with it. When I connect it, a led starts flashing on both PCBs and the computer recognizes the USB serial connection, but connecting and programming fails. I'm getting the following output over and over again:

avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

I have tried Arduino 0022, 0023 and 1.0 on Linux (where I have successfully programmed both Gen6 and Sanguinololu) and Arduino 0023 on OSX. The board selection should be correct (Mega 2560). I have also tried running avrdude by hand with different bitrates, but nothing helps. Is there anything else left to try before concluding that the board is broken?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 03:56PM by ttsalo.
Re: Can't connect to or program RAMPS 1.4
April 22, 2012 01:49PM
Have you checked which serial port your trying to connect to the Arduino with? On OSX mine defaults to "/dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync" when in order to properly connect (on OSX) it should be "/dev/cu.usbserial-A900F88L"
Re: Can't connect to or program RAMPS 1.4 [solved]
April 23, 2012 03:56PM
Got it working! The board selection should have been just Mega, not Mega 2560. Also I had another printer running at the same time and that seemed to cause some odd interference with the programming even though it was just running in a different port.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 04:07PM by ttsalo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login