Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extra Fet to ramps 1.4

Posted by se5a 
extra Fet to ramps 1.4
June 19, 2012 07:35PM
I've managed to kill 3 fets on D9 somehow, I was extra carefull last time too...

so I've given up trying to replace the fet on D9, managed to damage the tracks a little on the ramps trying to get fets off the board now. so want to try adding a fet on a breadboard to another (pref PWM) pin.

does RAMPS have pinholes for the other arduino PWM pins? - I see there's a couple of aux pins on the ramps board, but can't find any info on them.
Re: extra Fet to ramps 1.4
June 19, 2012 07:49PM
June 19, 2012 07:55PM
Ijust found this:
[reprap.org]

if I'm reading that right, I can use the servos as well yes?
June 19, 2012 08:41PM
except I can't really see how to wire it.

I'm a tad electronicaly stupid.
June 20, 2012 12:08AM
Yes those pins are PMWable.

You want to use a DC motor driver board instead of just the mosfet and resistor.

You could use one like [www.pololu.com] for up to 1A (3A peak) loads or something like [www.pololu.com] for 12A (30A peak).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 20, 2012 06:47AM
The SevenSwitch is a fine solution for driving DC motors as well. Throttling the motor works, if connected to a PWM pin.

except I can't really see how to wire it.

It's just two pins you have to connect:

"Signal" is the pin which operates the switch. The more tricky part is to get your firmware operating this pin to your wishes. In Teacup additional devices can be defined like another heater, with or without a thermistor. Not sure about other firmwares.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 22, 2012 08:07AM
the firmware is easy.
why do I want a driver rather than a mosfet and resistor?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login