Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pursa Y axes move only one way

Posted by epiteszsrac21 
Pursa Y axes move only one way
August 27, 2012 05:44PM
Dear Rep_Rapers!

I have got a big problem! Actually I'm building a Pursa 3d printer. Every endstops are working well and everything is OK.
BUT one thing doesn't let me to calm:

-I use Printer Interface (Print_Run)
-When I send a sign to Y stepper motor negative directon it's move on.
-When I send a sign the positive direction the table is moving negative direction same.
-The endstop works good.

Please HELP me !!! I suppose that something is went wrong in my Sprinter Firmware , but I don't know what.
VDX
Re: Pursa Y axes move only one way
August 28, 2012 02:52AM
... check the assignment of the pins for CLK and DIR for the Y-axis.

There were some issues with double-defining pins with active JTAG interface or selecting the wrong board/pindefinition while compiling the firmware ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 28, 2012 03:02PM
Sorry but I don't know what is CLK ? Today I tried to flip the Y axis's motor connection but it just caused that the Y direction changed.
I use Sprinter firmware
Arduino MEGA 2560
RAMPS 1.4
And Printerface

When I push the +10Y direction on interface it move toward 10mm
When I push the -10Y direction button it cause the same sad smiley hot smiley
VDX
August 29, 2012 04:21AM
... there should be two pins for controlling every stepper driver - one for the direction (mostly named DIR or CW/CCW) and one for the stepping clock (mostly named CLK or CLOCK).

You may chek, if the polarity of the direction-pin will change, when changing from CW to CCW (or +/- for a single axis) and driving the motor.

Most issues with motor direction misbehaviour are connected to the endstops not connected properly, but if your motor drives in the same direction if you drive them + or -, then it's something with setting the correct values to the stepper driver pins ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

August 29, 2012 05:18PM
And How could I check the Stepper driver pins? I found a part of sprinter firmware which one name is pins.h------- I found this there:

Arduino Mega pin assignment
****************************************************************************************/
#if MOTHERBOARD == 33
#define MOTHERBOARD 3
#define RAMPS_V_1_3
#endif
#if MOTHERBOARD == 3
#define KNOWN_BOARD 1

//////////////////FIX THIS//////////////
#ifndef __AVR_ATmega1280__
#ifndef __AVR_ATmega2560__
#error Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.
#endif
#endif

// uncomment one of the following lines for RAMPS v1.3 or v1.0, comment both for v1.2 or 1.1
// #define RAMPS_V_1_3
// #define RAMPS_V_1_0

#ifdef RAMPS_V_1_3

#define X_STEP_PIN 54
#define X_DIR_PIN 55
#define X_ENABLE_PIN 38
#define X_MIN_PIN 3
#define X_MAX_PIN -1 //2 //Max endstops default to disabled "-1", set to commented value to enable.

#define Y_STEP_PIN 60
#define Y_DIR_PIN 61
#define Y_ENABLE_PIN 56
#define Y_MIN_PIN 14
#define Y_MAX_PIN -1 //15

#define Z_STEP_PIN 46
#define Z_DIR_PIN 48
#define Z_ENABLE_PIN 62
#define Z_MIN_PIN 18
#define Z_MAX_PIN -1 //19

#define E_STEP_PIN 26
#define E_DIR_PIN 28
#define E_ENABLE_PIN 24

#define E_1_STEP_PIN 36
#define E_1_DIR_PIN 34
#define E_1_ENABLE_PIN 30

#define SDPOWER -1
#define SDSS 53
#define LED_PIN 13
#define FAN_PIN 9
#define PS_ON_PIN 12
#define KILL_PIN -1

#define HEATER_0_PIN 10
#define HEATER_1_PIN 8
#define TEMP_0_PIN 13 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_1_PIN 14 // ANALOG NUMBERING

I think something here is wrong. Have you ever used this Firmware?

Bazsi
VDX
August 30, 2012 07:22AM
epiteszsrac21 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #define Y_STEP_PIN 60
> #define Y_DIR_PIN 61
> #define Y_ENABLE_PIN 56
> #define Y_MIN_PIN 14
> #define Y_MAX_PIN -1 //15

... this are the pins for the Y-motor - pin 60 will emit a short pulse for every motor step, pin 61 will be high or low regarding of the motor direction set by the software.

As you seem to have problems with the direction only, you can measure the voltage from pin 61 to GND and check, if it's changing accordingly, when you drive the axis manually controlled left or right.

If it's not changing, then either your pin configuration is set wrong, you have a connection/wiring problem or the driver is damaged ...

Viktor
--------

August 30, 2012 01:45PM
I Measure the voltage from pin 61 to GND, and you are right. The voltage didin't change. The other three pololus are working well. The voltage is changing betveen 0.00-5.00V so now I try that pololu in an another Slot. I hope only just the wiriing wrong or the software.

If in the software went wrong something I suppose it's somewhere around the Y_PIN configuration. Every configuration guide says this confirutaion so I don't know how could I solve this problem.

Bazsi
VDX
August 30, 2012 04:56PM
... I've read somewhere, that with some processor/board options (JTAG?) specific pins were defined double, so won't work as expected ...

Viktor
--------

August 30, 2012 05:36PM
Ohh realy? It's very good news so I search that topic smiling smiley. This problem is a big Mind fuck for me grinning smileyDDD. I hate this one.
August 30, 2012 07:03PM
THanks a lot VIktor! I found a topic : [forums.reprap.org]

I think i have a Same problem . The JTAG is enabled (factory default). And the JTAG is disabled pins 4-7. THis is why doesn't move the Y axis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login