Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Servo outputs on RRD RAMPS?

Posted by BrentB 
Servo outputs on RRD RAMPS?
October 04, 2013 09:39PM
I have the RepRapDiscount RAMPS board and I am wondering about the four servo outputs.

Has anybody used these for anything?
Re: Servo outputs on RRD RAMPS?
October 08, 2013 11:52PM
I have the same board, when I used it with a mega 1280 all I did was "M43 S255 P11" to turn on the left most servo pin to maximum. The pins from left to right are D11, D6, D5, D4

Here is the board pinouts:
Overview
Schematic
October 09, 2013 09:41AM
What were you using it for, uMinded?

Last night I happened to see this video of automatic printer bed leveling. A servo is mounted to the x carriage, and swings down a probe to detect bed height at three locations. The firmware then follows that gradient when printing. Bed Auto-leveling
October 09, 2013 10:31PM
Cool, I really need to add that to my Prusa i3 as my bed is always out of wack when moving it around.

I was using my servo pins to control all of the cooling fans and an overhead light.
October 09, 2013 11:04PM
Ah, I see.

BTW, the video was linked to from here, the Marlin source repo: [github.com]
The README displayed there has a lot of info about setting up auto-levelling in marlin.
October 10, 2013 10:53AM
Awesome, I replied to randomly help out and it turns out you helped me out more! lol

I got THIS board from ebay to run my extra fans and things. It's pretty handy as I could not find any 5V computer case fans.
October 10, 2013 11:11PM
Too funny. I never paid attention to the servo pins before, and once I got curious I kept searching after I posted here. Interesting find!

BTW, that looks like a nice little control board. Thanks for posting that. Bookmarked!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login