Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mech Endstop Error, Causing computer and Arduino/ramps to stop working

Posted by DAvery 
Mech Endstop Error, Causing computer and Arduino/ramps to stop working
October 23, 2013 03:37PM
Hi this is my first post on here I wish it was a positive one...

So I have made a Prusa I3 variation Running a mega 2560 with Ramps 1.4 , The latest version of Marlin, I am using pronter face (latest version) and Repetier (latest version)

I was up to the arranging my endstops to enable the printer to zero home.

The Problem I have encountered is as such:
I attached the X endstop - 2 pinned microlever switched using the 1st and 3rd pin on the micro and using appropriate pins on ramps. tested it all fine when depressed a green led indicator flashed on and when it remained depresseed it flashed more than once...

I then plugged in the y and z onto ramps, the arduino stops communicating with my pc and get the folllowing message.

"Could not connect to COM3 at baudrate 250000:
Serial error: could not open port COM3: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified."

I have tried normal trouble shooting, I have removed the 2 plugs as it had previously connectted. it then connected again, then when i retried the y and z it disconnected again. when i tried to remove them and go with just the x plug it no longer connects at all...

I think this is a pc issue but I am a bit lost at the moment, and would appreciate any help from people who know a lot more than me lol.

I have attached my error log from pronter face

sorry if this is a repost.

Thanks
-Dave
Attachments:
open | download - pronterface.exe.log (4 KB)
Re: Mech Endstop Error, Causing computer and Arduino/ramps to stop working
October 23, 2013 03:50PM
DAvery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Problem I have encountered is as such:
> I attached the X endstop - 2 pinned microlever
> switched using the 1st and 3rd pin on the micro
> and using appropriate pins on ramps. tested it all
> fine when depressed a green led indicator flashed
> on and when it remained depresseed it flashed more
> than once...

Which pins on the RAMPS did you connect to? I don't think the LED should flash when the endstop is activated.
Re: Mech Endstop Error, Causing computer and Arduino/ramps to stop working
October 23, 2013 07:26PM
Can you take pictures of the pins you connected the microswitches to, and the wiring on the microswitch side?

RAMPS has + (+5V), - (Gnd) and S (Signal) all in a row. If you plugged the microswitch into + and S, or - and S, it will be fine. However if you plugged it into + and -, you have probably shorted the 5V side of your Arduino. This may have damaged the regulator on the Arduino Mega.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login