Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 power

Posted by Twiebs 
Ramps 1.4 power
April 28, 2014 08:19AM
I have a prusa i3 with RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin firmware. The RAMPS board is connected to a Raspberry pi running octoprint and is powered by an ATX PSU. The PSU is connected to a relay which the raspberry pi is able to switch on and off; however, i want to completly cut all power to the printer without disconecting it from my raspberry pi. The raspberry pi would allways remain on and be able to connect the printer when its needed. I thought about using a similar setup with a USB cord to shut of the +5v wire but that seems like it would be a terrible idea. If this is not possible i would at least like to be able to turn off the LCD in marlin so that the printer "appears" off. Any suggestions?
Re: Ramps 1.4 power
May 02, 2014 08:57AM
There are PS-ON pins next to D2 on Ramps that you could use if you have an ATX. I imagine you could use that to power a bigger relay to control a different power supply and the wiki kind of talks about using it with a 12v supply. Be sure to read and understand the diode part before doing it. [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login