Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS video of problem

Posted by NOVAprint 
RAMPS video of problem
June 16, 2014 12:11PM
I took a video of my printer not working . I am having some serious difficulties with my controllers. I do not think that the board is blown, I do not see how ONE port could blow. I do not think that it is the stepper driver, I juggle MULTIPLE ones into that port to no avail. I do not think that it is the feed rate I have had success changing that several times, Ieven changed the max speed, it had an effect which was not the one I was looking for. The unit actually moved less. . THE problem came after I printed a Terminator Rex, and the next print the extruder seemed a little lazy. I stopped the print, went to see if I have any clogs or problems and now I have this. This problem persists after reprogramming, after changing motors, after changing out the jumpers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 12:14PM by NOVAprint.
Re: RAMPS video of problem
June 17, 2014 03:17AM
First issue: never ever plug in or unplug steppers while it is on! this will kill the driver 95% of the time.

Second problem: You haven’t actually said what your problem is... Slow E im guessing

The reason your E is running so slow is you have changed the extruder speed in pronterface to 5mm/minute (the box next to the the length you want to extrude)
This should be more like 250. So it is literally taking 1 minute to move 5mm.

The screen clearly shows this at 1:06 seconds.

But this only effects manual extrudes. But definitely change it for testing.

Also one IO port on the mega dying is very common. but if it moves. it not that

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 03:30AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login