Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

min endstop

Posted by chamarejc 
min endstop
October 21, 2014 07:18AM
Hi,

I am trying to use LSR with a delta printer an marlin firmware and ramps 1.4 to do autoleveling and also stop the printer in case of to big pressure on the bed (ie stall motor).

The printer works perfectly with mechanical max_endstop for homing. When I connect LSR they aren't efficient so I directly connect the gnd to the signal pin but it's the same.

Is it possible to use min_endstop and max_endstop with a delta printer an marlin firmware ?

If yes, what kind of mistake am I doing ?

thanks for answer
Re: min endstop
October 22, 2014 07:37AM
October 22, 2014 08:17AM
LSR = load sensitive resistor
October 22, 2014 08:22AM
Sorry, I did a mistake ; it is not LSR but FSR = force sensitive resistor
October 22, 2014 08:43PM
You cant connect a resitor to the end stop pins

Endstops are digital, they expect a 0 or 5v

A force sensitive resistor is a variable resitor you will get alsorts of voltages, the likely hood of it switching state just where you want it is very unlikely.

You need either need a board that converts the force sensitive resistor into a digital signal or to connect the force sensitive resistor to an analog input.

Eg [github.com]
October 23, 2014 04:22AM
I use FSR controller to get a digital output but the signal ( 0 or 1 ) don't stop the motors as I expect . I don't understand why.
October 23, 2014 04:37AM
what does m119 say?

while your squeezing a FSR and while your not...
October 23, 2014 10:45AM
To understand what happens, I change FSR for a switch. m119 says open when contact is opened and triggered when closed (the same as FSR).

I found in configuration_adv, mechanical settings, #define ENDSTOPS_ONLY_FOR_HOMING ; after commented, Z_MIN stops motors but not immediatly : they still turn few seconds at very low speed and, of course, in the wrong way

Have you an idea about this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login