Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ramps with stepper driver 1.2 !!

Posted by Ash-ta 
ramps with stepper driver 1.2 !!
February 22, 2015 03:56PM
Hello everybody

i am trying to make a delta 3d printer based on ramps and arduino mega 2560

the problem is that i can't get any stepper driver based on allegro chips because i cant find any allegro driver in my country (i live in syria)

so i decided to use stepper driver 1.2 because it is based on l297 translator and l298 H-bridge (i can find both in my country , and i will connect just the step and dir and enable pins between the driver and ramps)

but i found that the stepper driver 1.2 get enabled when it get a high (+5v) signal to the enable pin but the polulu drivers get enabled when it get a low signal in the enable pin

so should i add a logic Not-Gate (logic inverter) to the stepper driver 1.2 enable pin to make it work on ramps ?? or i can make it work without any modification ??

hope anybody can help me ...
Re: ramps with stepper driver 1.2 !!
February 23, 2015 12:59AM
Didnt look very hard at all did we....

[github.com]

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1

but get some pololus... the 1.2 can only do 1/2 steps, it will jerk like a mad thing.

The actul chips arent avalable practicaly anywhere, but pololu modules or the even better drv8825 modules are avalable over the internet from lots of palces. linked is the place I consider most reputable

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2015 01:02AM by Dust.
Re: ramps with stepper driver 1.2 !!
February 23, 2015 08:46AM
Ash-ta
but i found that the stepper driver 1.2 get enabled when it get a high (+5v) signal to the enable pin but the polulu drivers get enabled when it get a low signal in the enable pin

About all firmwares have a config setting to reverse the Enable signal. In Teacup that's X_INVERT_ENABLE, Y_INVERT_ENABLE, etc.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login