Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem With RepRap Discount LCD Controller

Posted by xelad 
Problem With RepRap Discount LCD Controller
June 23, 2015 04:10AM
Hi all,

I have a gMax Printer currently at work, i am using it to build my own printer for home. I'm using the gMax Marlin firmware, however i can't seem to get the LCD controller to work properly.I havn't got any of the motors or sensors plugged into it yet and was just getting it set up and used to how the firmware works.

The LCD lights up and gives me the MINTEMP error, however when i click the encoder button to enter the menu nothing seems to happen, the screen just refreshes and stays the same, theres no way to get into the menu.

I've been through loads of posts but can't seem to find the problem it seems as if it is set up as it should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Re: Problem With RepRap Discount LCD Controller
June 23, 2015 04:59AM
If you have chosen the right motherboard from marlins boards.h, you can now install the thermistors to get rid of the mintemp error. Then the LCD opens up a few more sub-screens.
To see the whole screen structure, you have to add all components.
SD-Card only shows up, when a card is inserted.
EEprom has to be enabled to see the eeprom menue, etc...
-Olaf
June 23, 2015 05:33AM
Olaf,

Thanks for your reply, i will get the sensors wired up and update.

Alex
June 23, 2015 07:59AM
Ok so i got the encoder working (kind of), i can adjust the print speed from the info screen using the encoder, and i can also click into the menu. However once in the menu i cannot scroll through the options? Is this because i have no Motors or End stops connected? Also once i have clicked into the menu, the encoder will not work at all even to adjust the print speed.

Thanks

Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2015 08:32AM by xelad.
June 23, 2015 09:16AM
Motors won´t be recognized by the mainboard, it´s "open loop ".
But endstops will have a big influence ofcourse.
There is a Marlin test software, that allows you to test your steppers without endstops. (aaargh, were is the link, when you need it?)

-Olaf
June 23, 2015 11:23AM
Well even after wiring up all of the End Stops, the encoder still does not work on my controller. Running out of options now unless its no good the item itself hot smiley
June 23, 2015 02:20PM
Can you post your configuration.h as attachment please?...
LCD is a tricky section in Marlin, maybe you haven´t disabled something...
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login