Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend does not heat and motor don't move

Posted by GGAlex 
Hotend does not heat and motor don't move
June 30, 2015 12:55PM
Hello,
I tried my extruder, heatbed and motors and all was ok, i was able to extrude filament with repetier manual command.
So i tried a print and then it was apocalypse, my hotend stopped sudenly to warm and now it can't warm again and NO motors move.
I tested voltage of power supply and stepper driver and they were all ok.
I checked thermistor and they works, also endstop works because they led are on when i click
The heatbed still works.
Please some one can help me ?

Tanks in advance
Re: Hotend does not heat and motor don't move
July 01, 2015 04:55AM
Disconnect the hotend heater from the board and measure the resistance of the heater.
It sure has a broken connection.
-Olaf
July 01, 2015 11:34AM
i finally found the solution, it was caused by the fuse of the ramps (the yellow things).
My room temperature was at 29°C and so the fuse had got a very high resistance so nothing worked.
The polyfuse of my ramps must have a manufacture default, so i will change the ramps.
July 01, 2015 01:27PM
Toggy
i finally found the solution, it was caused by the fuse of the ramps (the yellow things).
My room temperature was at 29°C and so the fuse had got a very high resistance so nothing worked.
The polyfuse of my ramps must have a manufacture default, so i will change the ramps.

Why not just replace the Polyfuse with an automotive type blade fuse and holder?
July 01, 2015 06:07PM
My soldering iron is so bad that i just can't remove the chinese tin of the ramps, and i am very bad in solder.
BTW I don't know which fuse i have to put...
If you have any advice i would be happy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login