Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second extruder causing temperature faults

Posted by abritton 
Second extruder causing temperature faults
July 20, 2015 04:59PM
I am in the process of getting a custom printer up and running and I have hit a snag. I just got the parts machined for a dual extruder setup. After getting everything mounted up and wired, I went into the firmware (Marlin) to add the second extruder. I changed the number of extruders to 2 and added the correct thermister table for the second thermister under temp sensor 1. However, when I connected using Repetier Host, the board is throwing a minimum temperature reset and neither thermistor is getting a reading anymore. I had another ramps board and tried swapping it but I got the same issue.. I have attached my configuration.h file for someone with a little more knowledge to look at. If there are any other settings in Marlin that may cause this that are not in configuration.h please let me know and I will check them as well.
Attachments:
open | download - configuration.txt (39.6 KB)
Re: Second extruder causing temperature faults
July 21, 2015 04:45AM
Why did you change the motherboard setting from 33 to 34 ( EFB to EEB ) when you donĀ“t have a tempsensor specified for the bed?
You could try 36 ( EEF ) or define a tempsensor for the bed.
-Olaf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 04:50AM by o_lampe.
July 21, 2015 09:12AM
I do have a need for the third thermistor as well and have tried defining that one along with it. It causes the same error when I enable it.
July 21, 2015 10:22AM
Found the problem. Had an almost broken wire at the head of the thermistor that was causing false readings. Changed it out and now everything is up and running
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login