Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

makerbot endstops falsely registering a 'hit'

Posted by kenneth kneebone 
makerbot endstops falsely registering a 'hit'
January 29, 2016 10:51AM
i checked other people's treads and questions about this, my board is RAMPS 1.3, the firmware is marlin,and the endstops are makerbot mechanical endstops-
there is an old thread about this - [forums.reprap.org] and my set up is now a copy of what they seem to have done, re checked the wiring and everything, it's like in their diagram, the printer connects ok,the extruder goes, but the thing is it keeps replying ' echo:endstops hit:'

none of them are hit- haven't messed about with the firmware very much either, just changing some endstop settings and that doesn't solve it,has anyone got any idea what's going on?
thankyou
Attachments:
open | download - RAMPS1.4+Generic M'Bot1.jpg (272 KB)
Re: makerbot endstops falsely registering a 'hit'
January 29, 2016 04:05PM
Whip out your multimeter and check first the endstop itself and then at the connectors at the ramps board. Might just be a faulty wire.

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
Re: makerbot endstops falsely registering a 'hit'
January 31, 2016 08:02PM
i went back to marlin and changed some of the lines to
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
this solved it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login