Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System stuck when powered from PSU

Posted by Shachar85 
System stuck when powered from PSU
February 17, 2016 02:16AM
Finally got to the point where my printer is mechanically built and it is time to move some axis.

Uploaded marlin to the arduino - all is well. I could play with the menu and all is fine.

-When I connect the 12v power supply, the system works for few seconds and I can play with the menu. After about 3-4 seconds, the screen freezes and nothing happen.
-Shutting the power and powering again right away will make the screen freeze at start-up where it shows the marlin logo.
-When I power it again with usb cable - all is fine again when playing through the menu.

Any idea what is wrong?
Re: System stuck when powered from PSU
February 17, 2016 02:53AM
Sounds like yet another case of overloading the 5V regulator on the Arduino. This is a known issue with Arduino/RAMPS when it is used to power a servo and/or a graphical LCD.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 17, 2016 03:27AM
yep...probably.
I now find a lot of information about it (most of it you wrote.lol)

I didn't know what to search before.

thanks
February 17, 2016 06:20AM
ok after reading some threads, I still find it hard to understand - Where should I connect the ATX's 5V to?

To the usb? barrel?
Should I remove D1? or something else? or just leave everything as it is and add the 5V?
February 17, 2016 09:05AM
You can feed 5V to an empty endstop connector after removing D1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login