Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder fan controled by 2nd extruder output

Posted by Suggy 
Extruder fan controled by 2nd extruder output
January 13, 2017 03:43PM
Hi all as title
I have connect the extruder cooling fan to the second extruder outlet so that the fan will only turn on when it gets to a pre-set temperature.
what do I need to change in the firmware to make it work?
Re: Extruder fan controled by 2nd extruder output
January 13, 2017 08:42PM
I have my fan connected to that outlet also. I believe when I wired everything I read somewhere that is where to wire it. It seems my software supports it because the fan will come on pretty regularly and my filament never clogs. I can also contol it via my smart controller. I am not sure where in the firmware you can adjust the settings on that. My guess would be in configuration.h but I could be wrong. If your set up is like mine you can type the command M106 S255 in the command window of pronterface to turn it on and M107 to turn it off. From what I have heard you should run that fan at all times during printing to keep the filament and extruder assembly cool.
January 14, 2017 04:22AM
I know the fan has to be on all the time for printing. I want the fan to come on when the hot end gets to around 50-60 degress and turns of at around the same when cooling. I can turn the fan on/off via repetier host, can turn fan on via rep host

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 07:23AM by Suggy.
May 10, 2017 06:06PM
Sorted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login