Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Computerless Printing

Posted by librav 
Computerless Printing
August 21, 2012 05:21PM
I'm setting up a Mendelmax 1.5. Running a version of Marlin, Ramps 1.4 and Pronterface. I had everything running correctly, ie; the steppers, proper direction and functioning end-stops. I wanted to check out the SD/LCD components, so I unplugged the ramps board from the printer and the Arduino and soldered in the ramps R2 diode for non-computer running. After plugging in ramps onto the Arduino and attached all the 12v dc wires, plugging in all the steppers, two thermisters and 3 end-stops, I turned on the DC without the USB connected into the computer. The LCD, Ramps & Arduino all turned on, but I got no response from the LCD. I don't know if this is normal. I then plugged the USB into my computer, started Pronterface and tried to connect. The command screen (attached) says it can't find my Com Port 5, even though Device Manager shows it connected to the Arduino. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
open | download - rsz_1102_1945.jpg (193.6 KB)
Re: Computerless Printing
August 21, 2012 06:33PM
A reboot solved the COM5 Port problem but I don't know how to proceed with non-computer printings. Are there any instructions posted anywhere?
Thanks again.
August 21, 2012 07:25PM
If you haven't you need to enable LCD and SD card support in the firmware.
There isn't really a standard for which pins the LCD and click controller use, you'll probably have to edit pins.h, who ever sold you the controller can probably point you at instructions.
August 22, 2012 01:40AM
check the brightness trimmer on the back of the lcd board as well, spent a couple of hours thinking I had done everything in Marlin to get it working, and obviously had, turned the trimmer a little and voila there was text there the whole time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login