Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS_GEN_L board

Posted by Buster 
MKS_GEN_L board
February 19, 2019 10:31PM
I have Ender 3 and wanted to install a better motherboard with bootloader and more memory .I bought MB and it came with Artillery 3D firmware flashed on the board . I installed the drivers 2208 and set Vref. When I tried to flash compiled version of Malin 1.1.9 board did not recognize any of my COM ports. The Tools COM ports in Marlin is grayed out. So far I belong to several different facebook forums I could not get no satisfactory answers.Maybe someone here can give me good advice .
Re: MKS_GEN_L board
February 19, 2019 11:41PM
First issue is your terminology is all over the place, so others probably can't understand what you are asking about..

Marlin is the firmware. It is just structured text. ie code.
Ardunio IDE (integrated design environment) , this is a text editor and programs that converts the code into binary and upload the binary into the controller.

Tools | ports is part of the Arduino IDE, not Marlin.

Since you say this is grayed out your controllers serial port is not being seen by your operating system.
The MKS_GEN_L controllers have a CH340 chip that does the usb/serial conversion. Most operating systems need drivers installed to talk to this chip.

Drivers for windows and mac os can be found here [sparks.gogo.co.nz]
Install these and see if anything changes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2019 11:43PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login