Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (20x4) - SD Card issue

Posted by ZeroedByte 
Ramps 1.4 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (20x4) - SD Card issue
August 21, 2020 07:54PM
I'm having a rough time with getting my machine to read from an SD card.

It's a Ramps 1.4 shield on an Elegoo MEGA 2560 R3 board, using a RepRapDiscount Smart Controller LCD/SD Combo (model 2004a).

I've got the display to work, I can navigate fine, everything was going smoothly until I tried my SD card slot. I'd enabled ' #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER ' and ' #define SDSUPPORT', as well as '#define SDCARD_CONNECTION LCD'.

The LCD shows "Media Inserted" when I put the card in, and "Media removed" when I take it out. But when I'm in the menu, it shows "No Media". I've tried four different SD cards, all formatted both FAT and FAT32 with two gcode files in the base directory. Same deal.

I tried '#define SPI_SPEED SPI_HALF_SPEED', as well as quarter, and 1/8th speeds. I also tried multiple IDC cables, reseated the controller board, even ordered another LCD from another seller. Same issue persists.

What else could I try?

Configuration.h - [pastebin.com]

Configuration_adv.h - [pastebin.com]
Re: Ramps 1.4 + RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (20x4) - SD Card issue
August 22, 2020 03:52AM
I have the same issues with cheap Chinese sd cards. What helped me out with the same problem was to simply try another sd card. Some cards just give me this error even though they are in working condition.

Also, I've never enabled '#define SDCARD_CONNECTION LCD' so I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2020 03:53AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 22, 2020 03:56AM
SDCARD_CONNECTION is only used on 32bit boards that have a onboard sd card reader also.
August 22, 2020 06:32PM
I tried disabling SDCARD_CONNECTION, still no luck.

As far as the SD cards I've tried:
4GB Lexar SDHC class 4
1GB Walgreens Photo SC card
8GB SP SDHC class 4
32GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC class 10

Are there any go-to SD cards that are known to be compatible?
September 04, 2020 12:42PM
Ended up being a bad Arduino board. The pins had issues (manufacturing defect). Ordered a new Ramps/Arduino combo, works fine with ALL of these cards:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login