Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Upgrading to Marlin on Ultimachine RAMPS v1.4 for Prusa Mendel

Posted by finks 
Help Upgrading to Marlin on Ultimachine RAMPS v1.4 for Prusa Mendel
November 17, 2012 01:02PM
Hey there fellow RepRappers, I have an issue that I would love some help with.

I have recently completed the build portion of my Prusa Mendel with Ultimachine RAMPS v1.4 electronics (SD option). [ultimachine.com]

Up until yesterday, I had been operating the printer with the firmware that came preinstalled out of the box. Everything worked great and I was able to move and home all axes, heat up the bed and hot end, etc. It was not perfectly calebrated, but allowed me to check my build along the way. Last night I decided it was time to move on to the calibration of my machine and figured it would be best to start with the Marlin firmware (https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin/).

The first time loading it up there were some errors that led me to make a few adjustments on the pins.h tab. Pretty much matching it up to the sprinter settings for this board. I also chose the correct thermistors in the configuration.h tab (Honeywell 100k). After this I was able to connect without the errors. It was a little fishy that my temperature readings were around 40-45C while they were cold to the touch. Before upgrading, the readings were closer to an acceptable 20-23C room temperature.

I tried turning on the heated bed next, hmmm nothing. The red LED didnt come on indicating that there is probably no current. Tried the hot end, same, and the XYZ movement I had before, gone.

My next step was about 3 hours of googling to find some solutions to the problem. I tried many things from [www.friday.com] to using the custom Marlin builder [daid.mine.nu]. Tried RepG, Cura, ... I am pretty sure I exhausted everything I could find.

Still no luck. So that leaves me here. Has anyone out there in the 3DP dev world experienced this issue before? Care to provide any helpfull hints?

In the meantime I will try and become as familiar as possible with the marlin code, maybe something will jump out at me.

Thanks!

PS. I will post a solution here if I find.
Re: Help Upgrading to Marlin on Ultimachine RAMPS v1.4 for Prusa Mendel
November 20, 2012 09:06PM
Did you just change the pins.h file? All you should have needed to do is in configuration.h change your board type to the coresponding number, for RAMPS 1.4 with a single hotend, heated bed and 1 fan is 33
November 20, 2012 10:14PM
Hey there, I spent some time in the configuration.h tonight and got everything sorted out.

Thanks for the tips, pretty much the changes I made. Plus a few inversions and endstop changes. If anyone needs more detail let me know.
November 26, 2012 07:21AM
Check out my blog post below detailing the updates I made to the Marlin firmware in order to get it working with RAMPS on my Prusa Mendel.

[andrewfinkle.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login