Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 errors with Pronterface

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
Ramps 1.4 errors with Pronterface
February 21, 2013 06:57PM
I am using ramps 1.4 and Pronterface software. Whenever I begin printing a print I get a small dribble of PLA for the first couple of layers and and then it seems to flow normally. No matter what I do I have been unable to resolve this. The dribbling tends to get stuck at the nozzle and then I end up with a blob. I have tried heating the bed to 75, I have even put painters tape on the heated bed but still nothing. When I calibate I get 5mm of extrusion but I just can't seem to get rid of that initial blob. Any ideas would be apprecriated
Re: Ramps 1.4 errors with Pronterface
February 22, 2013 06:58AM
how far from the bed is your nozzel?
February 22, 2013 07:12AM
What are you using to slice the model? Are you printing a perimeter so you can see if the plastic is sticking, and to allow the extruder to "flow" properly before it gets to the object?

Are you pre-heating your extruder and heated bed first?

Just after they're both at temp, are you manually extruding to ensure that your extrusion flow is fine before pressing the "Print" button?
February 23, 2013 01:13AM
Using a "skirt" is meant for priming your tip before your print starts...
February 23, 2013 03:12PM
thanks for responding everyone. I believe the answer to all questions is yes. The bed is ~2mm from bed. The extruder temp is 185 and I always extrude 5 or 10 mm of filiment before printing. I'm going to make a video of what's happening and submit. I am going to try using ReplicatorG and see if I can get that to work.
February 24, 2013 08:35AM
"The bed is ~2mm from bed" - I think you mean the nozzle is 2mm from the bed, in which case that is way to far!

You need to lower the nozzle. Your nozzle needs to be just touching the bed when it is at zero.
February 27, 2013 08:46PM
Yeah, echo that - in reprap terms, 2mm is like an air shot in golf!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login