Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReplicatorG with Ramps 1.4

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
ReplicatorG with Ramps 1.4
February 23, 2013 03:23PM
I've installed ReplicatorG and am trying to use with Ramps 1.4 on a mendel reprap. All axis' work w/o problem, extruder and heat bed both heat properly BUT the extruder motor fails to operate, nothing. temperatures are fine but no extruder. If I then run Pronterface all mechanics work fine (X,Y,Z, and extruder). Anyone have any idea why the extruder motor won't work and does with Pronterface??
VDX
Re: ReplicatorG with Ramps 1.4
February 24, 2013 04:14PM
... check in "Settings->Slicing Settings->Printer and Fimalent" which g-Code flavor is selected ... there is one with "No extrusion" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 28, 2013 10:42AM
Hi again,
I have included a video of what I am experiencing. Like I mentioned, I am using a reprap mendel with ramps 1.4 and pronterface software. I rebuilt a computer and reinstalled the software. Went thru the z axis setup (ie. placed a mark 50 mm up on filament, extruded 30 mm and then measured and there is 20mm left, so seemingly all is fine. However, whenever I just get this small amount of filament that just gets stuck on itself. Is there something I'm not considering ?? Gcode is set to Marlin/Sprinter.

[youtu.be]
February 28, 2013 08:09PM
Your plastic isn't sticking to the bed, so it's getting dragged along if it gets stuck.

What plastic (and supplier) and temperatures (extruder and heated bed) are you using?

Also, if your head is too close, it won't extrude (will look like nothing and on the second/third layer, you'll get a blob), but if it's too far away, it won't stick.

At the start, once the extrusion is clean, I recommend pulling off the excess that is hanging out of the nozzle or stuck to it, then starting the print, usually with a skirt set to print around the outside of the object. If the skirt doesn't stick, then you know you're going to have problems and can stop it before you get to the rest of the print. Also, the skirt allows the extruder to start flowing properly before getting to the print.

Note: Have you cleaned the glass? It's recommended you clean the glass of any grease/fingerprints using something like acetone. This will help with getting the plastic to stick to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login