Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:: relation of arduino - ramps pins spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by redreprap 
:: relation of arduino - ramps pins spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 23, 2013 10:19PM
alo folks out there ... just diggin around
was trying to figure out the relation of pins between arduino n ramps, and yes there is this list in the wiki :

// For RAMPS 1.4
#define X_STEP_PIN 54
#define X_DIR_PIN 55
#define X_ENABLE_PIN 38
#define X_MIN_PIN 3
#define X_MAX_PIN 2

#define Y_STEP_PIN 60
#define Y_DIR_PIN 61
#define Y_ENABLE_PIN 56
#define Y_MIN_PIN 14
#define Y_MAX_PIN 15

#define Z_STEP_PIN 46
#define Z_DIR_PIN 48
#define Z_ENABLE_PIN 62
#define Z_MIN_PIN 18
#define Z_MAX_PIN 19

#define E_STEP_PIN 26
#define E_DIR_PIN 28
#define E_ENABLE_PIN 24

#define SDPOWER -1
#define SDSS 53
#define LED_PIN 13

#define FAN_PIN 9

#define PS_ON_PIN 12
#define KILL_PIN -1

#define HEATER_0_PIN 10
#define HEATER_1_PIN 8
#define TEMP_0_PIN 13 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_1_PIN 14 // ANALOG NUMBERING

taking note of Z - EN pin, labelled as 62, there is actually no physical pin 62 on the arduino PCB, it is actually connected to A8. so am i to assume this is a software mapping number? as is with all other numbering because it does not correspond to any relation to arduino pin at all?

does any1 know ?

cheers

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Attachments:
open | download - RAMPS1.4conn.jpg (105.6 KB)
Re: :: relation of arduino - ramps pins spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 24, 2013 10:48AM
Yes, the Arduino pin numbers are software numbers. There are mapping tables for each Arduino variant in pins_arduino.h, which map software pin numbers to actual hardware ports. It is probably not the way I would do it, but it makes things easy for non-expert users which is what Arduino is all about.

There is a really useful pinout guide for the Mega here [arduino.cc]
March 24, 2013 12:29PM
ahhh soft pins.

so these soft pins are permanent arduino.h standardized or its only special to ramps or marlin or etc ?

the colorful diagram is really good. but is there a table somewhere that maps the soft pin to hard pins?

bobc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, the Arduino pin numbers are software numbers.
> There are mapping tables for each Arduino variant
> in pins_arduino.h, which map software pin numbers
> to actual hardware ports. It is probably not the
> way I would do it, but it makes things easy for
> non-expert users which is what Arduino is all
> about.
>
> There is a really useful pinout guide for the Mega
> here
> [arduino.cc]
> 8d5f09a2f88f1bd7009cdc71d5&/topic,146511.0.html

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
March 24, 2013 01:55PM
The Arduino pin numbering is mostly common on Arduino based* firmwares I think.

The actual mapping depends on what firmware/Arduino code you are using. An example for Mega in the latest Arduino version is here [github.com].

ETA: Other AVR firmwares such as Teacup use a different system for mapping pins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2013 02:02PM by bobc.
March 31, 2013 02:44AM
ahhhhh thats the relation i was trying to link tyvm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login