Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS with 24V Configration

Posted by mohammad2013 
RAMPS with 24V Configration
May 18, 2013 12:56AM
Hi Guys I know many people talks about 24V power supply but actually I dont know too much electronics and its first time that i am making a 3d printer, so i want to explain about the parts that i have selected for electronics and please give me some helps and recomend:
I have the below parts:

- Ramps 1.4
- 24V Power Supply 600 watt 25A
- 3 Stepper motor Nema 23 for gantry moves: 24V, 2.5 amp per phase. (I m using powerlolu Controller board from german reprap that can handle to 10 amp)
- 2 stepper motor nema 17: 24V, 1 amp per phase: I am using normal polo drivers with heatsink
- 24V fans and 24V 40W heater for Hot ends.
- 24V hot bed.
- I would like to Use Marlin software

so now my first question are:

- Do you have any ide or recomend to me for above parts and combination? Am I doing something stupid?
- it has mentioned i must change some fuses and Caps on ramps and also discounect the D1 diode, can you please type for me name and spec if each CAPs that must be replaced? so i can write it down on a paper and go to an electric shop to show and get the replacement parts.
- What should i do if i want to use thermocouples instead of thermsitors with this parts and software (Marlin)?
any idea is welcome.
Re: RAMPS with 24V Configration
May 19, 2013 01:29PM
any comment?
May 20, 2013 11:15AM
God, Please send some one to this topic. Amen smiling smiley
VDX
May 20, 2013 04:28PM
... read here: [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 25, 2013 09:04PM
One thing I didn't cover in my replies in that thread was how to identify what caps you have.

The main issue is that there are about 5 different marking systems for caps, and some of them are not very well documented.

Turns out though that Mohammad has two boards. One had 35V caps, one had 16V caps. The one with 16V caps came from an eBay seller, while the 35V one was from Gadget3D.

In each case, the caps on both boards had 3 lines of marking on them, and were both the same format.
Value (in uF)
Volts rating
Batch code

eg:
35V
SYK

16V
RHX

Some caps (like the ones on my board) have a 3 letter code in the middle line that indicates things like voltage, tolerances, etc.

For any cap with this sort of marking system (eg: Panasonic use this) I recommend you go dig through the manufacturers data for details on the specific cap, as I've noticed some inconsistencies on the codes and what those letters mean.

Also of note: I can't advise on things like thermocouples. I know it's possible but I myself have not dealt with them on a RAMPS board.
May 27, 2013 11:34AM
Cefiar,
Thanks alot, complete answer smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login