Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to connect ATX PS ON (green) wire to RAMPS 1.4

Posted by Yamster 
How to connect ATX PS ON (green) wire to RAMPS 1.4
September 04, 2013 12:09PM
Hello,

I would to like to connect the PS ON/green wire to my RAMPS1.4, so that I can programmatically switch on/off ATX PSU using M80 and M81 commands.

All the instructions I could find simply mention that I should connect the green wire to the pin "next to the reset switch". Well, that sounds easy enough, but I am still not 100% sure what to do and how to do it.

I took a picture of my RAMP1.4 and attached it here.

1. I believe what I have circled in blue is the reset button/switch (because there's a label that says "RESET" - as shown in the second picture).

2. There are pins left and right of this reset switch. So, which one of these is that pin "next to the reset switch"? Is it the one circled with red, or is it the one circled in yellow?

3. Lastly, I got one (green) wire coming out of ATX PSU. These pins have three connectors! Or, should I say these connectors have three pins?
Whatever the correct terminology is, to which pin/connector should I connect the green wire?
Attachments:
open | download - 20130904_105830.jpg (182.8 KB)
open | download - 20130904_105634.jpg (185.1 KB)
Re: How to connect ATX PS ON (green) wire to RAMPS 1.4
September 04, 2013 04:12PM
It's the pin marked "PS_ON" on the PCB! smiling smiley

In the 3-pin connector you have marked in red, it's the pin closest to the board edge. I would connect a crimped connector to the board, and solder the other end to the green wire. You can find single wire jumper connectors on ebay or electronics shops like ebay.
September 04, 2013 05:39PM
Man, it's so funny... Only after you mentioned it, I can see that label saying "PS-ON". LOL Yeah, it's sandwitched in between to switches, but it's hard to believe that I missed it.

Thank you for your help!
August 23, 2018 08:26AM
Ok! So, I disconnected the PC and switched off the Printer from the SD Card Control Panel LCD 2004. Now, I can switch on/off from Pronterface and PC, But, How do I switch on without the PC? Because, when I switched off the printer (disconnected from PC), the display died along with it....

Dictator at - www.AgroEngineers.com
Creating - [www.LionBeast.com] - 3D Printers
August 23, 2018 12:26PM
you need to attach 5v standby power from your ATX power supply to the ramps vcc pin (nb thats vcc, not the 5v pin) and remove d1

The mega and lcd are now always on when power supply is plugged in ( even when power supply is off)

NB it is extremely important that you remove D1. Or weird stuff will happen when ATX is turned on, probably involving releasing the magic smoke (you dont want this)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2018 12:34PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login