Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

endstops Marlin firmware and configuration.h

Posted by akhalsa 
endstops Marlin firmware and configuration.h
September 24, 2013 12:07AM
Hey guys

I'm almost ready to start printing, but I've found myself pretty stuck and I'm hoping someone can help me. I am using a Ramps 1.4 board with mechanical endstops. I have the endstops directly wired to board just like in the picture below:

I have downloaded the Marlin RAMPS_EPCOS_i38 firmware onto the board. Unfortunately, the endstops are not really working correctly. I understand a lot of people have had some endstop issues with Marlin firmware and I'm hoping someone else has seen the issue I am having. When I move the board towards the X+ direction using pronterface, the output says: echo: endstop hit: X:0.05. When I try to move it towards the X- direction the extruder moves away from the x axis endstop. It does this even though the endstop is being not being hit at all.

I thought this might mean the endstops were inadvertently firing to the board, so I tried flipping the X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING bit to false from true. I thought this was supposed to change the expected connection state of the endstop so it wouldn't incorrectly report being hit. Unfortunately, this just flipped the direction that the X+ and X- directions moved in.

Does this sound like I still have a firmware problem, or does it sound more like a wiring problem? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Re: endstops Marlin firmware and configuration.h
January 29, 2014 11:56PM
I am having a similar issue. Did you find a solution?
Elk
Re: endstops Marlin firmware and configuration.h
January 30, 2014 08:47AM
Hey Guys,

If you want to check your endstop status, you can send M119 via your host software. It should return something like this:

SENDING:M119
Reporting endstop status
x_min: open
x_max: open
y_min: TRIGGERED
y_max: open
z_min: TRIGGERED
z_max: open

if you are not sure if your endstop works, resend the command after you manually trigger the questionable endstop. like this you can find out if it works propperly and if it is connected to the correct pins.

hope this helps...

br
sebastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login