Posted by nerdonator 
I need LOTS of help with my 3d Printer
January 02, 2014 08:13PM
-RAMPS 1.4 Test Code
-Y and Z motors work fine.
-There is no power to E0 and X motors.
-E1 motor locks up

-Marlin Firmware + Pronterface
-I can connect, but none of the motors move when I print or do manual control.

-Sprinter Firmware + Pronterface
-I can connect, but motors just vibrate when moved

Thank you for all of your help.
Re: I need LOTS of help with my 3d Printer
January 02, 2014 08:56PM
sounds a lot like you do not have your steppers wired up right, or that your pots on the drivers are set way too low or too high.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 02, 2014 09:41PM
I have checked many times, my steppers are wired correctly. The motors that arent working, other than E1, aren't getting voltage at all.
January 02, 2014 09:58PM
do all the motors work when you connect them to that driver on E1.? if they all do they are wired right.
if not you will have to check your wire pairs on those motors.

if they do work try changing the driver and seeing if the motors work, that will check your drivers.

if they all work then you will have to start to check your PCB for bad solder joints. and other stuff like that.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 02, 2014 10:46PM
My PCB is fine, and I have replaced the driver from the Y axis with all other drivers. The result is that all drivers are good, and I am only using one motor and on cable to test them all.
January 02, 2014 10:53PM
Did you test all your steppers too.?

You might need to check your firmware so that you have your settings set right in it too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 10:56PM by dissidence.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 02, 2014 11:16PM
I am almost certain that all of my hardware is good. Im pretty sure that the problem is software. I would like to use Marlin, but I dont know how to set everything up. I have KH42J steppers. They are the 6 wore kind, and I cut the unneeded wires to make them 4-wire (I know that I did this right). If there is anything else you need to know about my printer, please reply.
January 02, 2014 11:27PM
Sad to say but I'm going to suggest that you try looking for help on the IRC. You can find it on the Reprap homepage.

I need to sleep now so I am sure they can help you faster.

But they will ask you if you did check all your steppers. It is a basic thing to check.

When you dissconect them you need to have all power turned off/unplugged. You can blow the pololu drivers if not.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 02, 2014 11:40PM
Okay. Thank you for all of your help.
January 03, 2014 03:31PM
-Marlin Firmware + Pronterface
-I can connect, but none of the motors move when I print or do manual control.

-Sprinter Firmware + Pronterface
-I can connect, but motors just vibrate when moved

That's probably a result of endstops. You can't move the motors in one direction as a result of the endstops not installed or configured correctly in the firmware.(Marlin)

Only the RAMPS Test Code Firmware will move the motors back and forth regardless of the endstops.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login