Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random Homing Moves

Posted by rcazwillis 
Random Homing Moves
January 15, 2014 11:24AM
Any idea why my Ramps 1.4 Prusa I3 would randomly, during a print, move to the home position on X, Y, or E when it is not in the G code. Last night, I was about 45 minutes into a print and the printer moved the X axis to the home positon and back to printing. Later, I witnessed it retracting filament to the point I thought it was going to unload. I have seen this behavior multiple times and have verified it is not in the code.

I do have a fan running on the board and have witnessed the impact of heat on the drivers. I don't believe it is a heat issue.
Re: Random Homing Moves
January 16, 2014 08:33PM
Seems like this is a heat issue. For some reason, the fan continues to get shut off. Help!
January 17, 2014 08:29AM
Here is a video of what I am talking about.

[youtu.be]

Could this be a firmware issue? Am I posting it in the wrong folder?
January 18, 2014 10:58AM
Anyone have any idea what causes this? It immediately started doing these programmed moves this morning.
January 19, 2014 06:25PM
Reflashed marlin, no change. Pulling my hair out.
January 29, 2014 11:38PM
I believe I am having the same or a similar issue. I get a message "hit endstop: Y" message and then X and Y re-home. I don't have endstops installed, so it homes where its at.

Using Ramps 1.4 Marlin.
June 02, 2016 02:00PM
I am having the exact same issue. Bu this doesnt happen when I turn the bed off. Do you have it on whenever this happens?
June 03, 2016 11:56AM
Possible solution : My thermistor cables were about to snap. I think the random moves are safety features that detects whenever thermistors got disconnected mid-print and mine were already loose.
Kept printing with this issue and suddenly got ERR_MINTEMP with thermistor cables severed. Now printing with a new set and haven't experienced this again. Yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login