Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bought a brand new RAMPS and STILL no power. The Wiki must be wrong.

Posted by SamS 
Bought a brand new RAMPS and STILL no power. The Wiki must be wrong.
March 23, 2014 06:46PM
I posted a while ago about trying to power my Arduino from RAMPS. I have a Bluetooth connection, and currently I have USB going from the electronics to a wall charger, which is a pain and unnecessary. To get rid of this, the Wiki simply says to install D1. D1 was already installed! I thought I may have done something wrong, so I bought a brand new RAMPS board. Now the same thing is going on. Both of the diodes came installed in the correct direction, and according to the Wiki this should do it.

Does anyone here actually power their boards this way, or do we all just assume that the Wiki is correct and someone else does it that way? Please help me out. Thanks.
Re: Bought a brand new RAMPS and STILL no power. The Wiki must be wrong.
March 23, 2014 07:01PM
Apparently it's become a common fault on the board that the track that provides this power (getting it externally from a shield) either dies/breaks or is just not connected.

See this post: [forums.reprap.org]

Note: The same could happen with cheap Arduino clones, having the track on the Arduino broken, so you really want to see if the issue is on the RAMPS board or the Arduino. Use a multimeter and measure the voltage on AM-VIN compared to ground. If there is voltage, it's the Arduino at fault. If there is not, it's RAMPS at fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2014 07:04PM by Cefiar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login