Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant power Ramps 1.4 via PSU. D2 Diode installed

Posted by wumbo6 
Cant power Ramps 1.4 via PSU. D2 Diode installed
April 18, 2014 11:24PM
Hey everyone. I have a prusa i3 with Ramps 1.4 and cannot get it to power on without plugging the Arduino into a 5V USB power supply. I have both diodes (D1/D2) installed and I have a 12V 30A psu purchased from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Regulated-Switching-Computer-Project/dp/B00D7CWSCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397876792&sr=8-1&keywords=12v+30a). I also have a reprapdiscount smart controller am able to print when not connected to my computer, but absolutely need to be connected to a 5V wall charger. I just replaced both diodes today and still having the same problem. Offline printing once worked but I feel like it may be that I added too many AUX electronics (auto level servo & LCD). Does anyone have any possible suggestions?
Thanks
Re: Cant power Ramps 1.4 via PSU. D2 Diode installed
April 19, 2014 06:54PM
Is the diode installed in the correct direction? Also possble the voltage regulator on the mega is blown. Did you check for voltage on both sides of the diode?
Re: Cant power Ramps 1.4 via PSU. D2 Diode installed
April 20, 2014 11:17PM
Also of note: There are a bunch of Mega clones out there that don't connect the pin RAMPS supplies voltage to the Arduino on to the actual input of the regulator on the Arduino Mega.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login