Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a little clarification.

Posted by roontoon 
Need a little clarification.
April 21, 2014 06:34PM
Just got my RAMPS board for my first build. I checked out [reprap.org] for the instructions but I am a little unclear on the orientation of the stepper drivers. Is there a pin one and what direction should it be oriented with the power connections pointing to the left as a reference. Also there were jumpers include in the kit but again I am unclear as to where to connect them. Any help or a point to the correct place on the wiki would be most welcome. Thanks!

d
Re: Need a little clarification.
April 22, 2014 06:36AM
Depends on your stepper drivers..

Jumpers go under the stepper drivers, normally you have all 3 on for 1/16 micro stepping when using a pololu or a clone.
all 3 its 1/32 micro stepping is using a drv8825

Same with orientation, they are all pin compatible with
(this is from the underside)

I tent to try and identify the thick tracks going to the steppers. And they go same side as the stepper pins.

April 23, 2014 04:18PM
The end of the driver that has the pot (silver circular component that has slots for a small philips screwdriver) faces away from the power connector end of the board.

This image illustrates it: [ultimachine.com]
April 23, 2014 10:25PM
position of the pot is not relaiable as there is at least one driver board with it at the other end.. (just to complicate things)
April 24, 2014 07:08PM
Thanks! I used a magnifying glass to look at the pin labels and pointed the A1, A2, B1, B2 pins towards the stepper motor header pins.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 07:12PM by roontoon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login