Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help to replace MOSFET ? smiling smiley

Posted by Jerms.a320 
Help to replace MOSFET ? smiling smiley
June 30, 2014 03:00AM
Hi guys .. so I'm fairly confident I need to replace the left most MOSFET (its connected to the + pin next to D10) , my problem is the same as here : [www.printrbottalk.com]

I'm not too sure what to buy , from the RAMPS wiki page it should be a N channel MOSFET STP55NF06L ........ do I need to find a MOSFET with that same part number ... or will others be alright ? I will be going to jaycar tonight (http://search.jaycar.com.au/search?p=Q&srid=S10-AUSYDR02&lbc=jaycar&ts=custom&w=mosfet&uid=932917828&method=and&isort=score&view=list&srt=0) would anything there do ?

thanks so much
Re: Help to replace MOSFET ? smiling smiley
June 30, 2014 04:58AM
About MOSFET types: [reprap.org]

Applies to all electronics.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 30, 2014 05:43AM
Cool stuff, thanks Traumflug !
June 30, 2014 07:26PM
As per that page, I can definitely recommend the FDP8870 or the IRLB8743's. I populated all my boards with them, and have never had an issue with a MOSFET since.

Note: A heatsink on the heated bed output MOSFET is still a good idea (as is a fan pointing at your RAMPS board), but you will not need as large a heatsink with either of these MOSFETs, as compared to the standard STP55NF06L's. One of the very small clip on ones should suffice.
July 01, 2014 01:38AM
Thanks Cefiar !

I was hoping of getting it before the weekend (and picking it up), I would have to order those online .... so far I have had no trouble with the STP55NF06L (I'm pretty sure I shorted the heater which broke the mosfet I need to replace) , there is another local electronic store here , they have the STP55NF06 (no L) is that drastically different, should I just get the FDP8870 or the IRLB8743 online ?
July 04, 2014 12:52AM
The L version means it handles logic level inputs (5V) . If you get the non-L version, it won't work reliably with the Arduino.

If you can get either of those online, I'd say go for it.
July 21, 2016 09:45AM
Having the same problem, I visited my nearest electronics store and they showed me this MOSFET "P55NF06", will this work with ramps 1.4 ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login