Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tutorial: Fix RampsFD v1 bugs to get a highperformance Arduino DUE - Reprap Controller

Posted by cocktailyogi 
Re: Tutorial: Fix RampsFD v1 bugs to get a highperformance Arduino DUE - Reprap Controller
November 26, 2015 01:46PM
Can't really compare cause the pictures on Aliexpress are generic, all of them of the same board smiling smiley.
I have asked Geetech maybe they'll answer.

RepRap Lander concept on Concept Forge
RepRap Lander concept on RepRap Forums
My Things, mostly experimental stuff
realthor
Sorry if this is a bit unrelated... I am thinking of ordering a ramps-fd/due combo from aliexpress. How can I tell if it is RAMPS-FDv2?

Posted 4 posts above your question is my response,which I will repost here.

Yup, the easiest way to recognize this is can you buy it? If so then it is a RampsFD V1 and not a V2. The V2 is not for sale, it's board only and would need to be assembled by you after you buy all the raw parts.
Re: Tutorial: Fix RampsFD v1 bugs to get a highperformance Arduino DUE - Reprap Controller
November 26, 2015 02:43PM
Yeah, I went through that but it didn't click somehow. Why would people talk about v2 if it doesn't exist in a form that is easy buy-able? Also english is not my native language tongue sticking out smiley

realthor
Yeah, I went through that but it didn't click somehow. Why would people talk about v2 if it doesn't exist in a form that is easy buy-able? Also english is not my native language tongue sticking out smiley

Good question, there might be a few floating around, but they are most likely one offs someone made like I am refering to here. There are no stores that retail the board. You can buy a run, 3 in the small run and 10 in the large. Its 120 I think for the small run but only another 75 or so for a large. I have stayed before that if a few people want to buy a V2, I am willing to do a large run and sell the extras. I could sell just the board or an entire kit for making one. However, the cost of doing this, with the due exceeds or comes close to the cost for just buying a smoothie/duet/whatever.
November 26, 2015 02:57PM
thevisad
However, the cost of doing this, with the due exceeds or comes close to the cost for just buying a smoothie/duet/whatever.

Yes it makes no sense... especially that the MKS smoothieboard clone is a pretty strong contender for the ones that don't care about open source philosophy. Even for the one that care the steep difference to the real smoothieboard is enough to fallback to a more conservative view and buy the MKS SBASE board.

We now have, ordered by price:
- MKS SBASE (~50)
- Duet0.6 (~70)
- Duet 0.8.5 (~120)

Maybe more I don't know of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 02:58PM by realthor.

Ok, if we are on this, can someone just fast take a look on links which I have placed above about the modification especially about the link1 (7-8 posts above) method? And confirm it's ok.
For me look very similar to post nr 1 but it's much easier and secured with own power regulator. And it's very cheap and fast modification. After this modification should like V2 version, what everybody talking about it with secure of not enabled heaters when Due lost power / dies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 03:16PM by j.fabianski.
j.fabianski
Ok, if we are on this, can someone just fast take a look on links which I have placed above about the modification especially about the link1 (7-8 posts above) method? And confirm it's ok.
For me look very similar to post nr 1 but it's much easier and secured with own power regulator. And it's very cheap and fast modification. After this modification should like V2 version, what everybody talking about it with secure of not enabled heaters when Due lost power / dies.

It's been stated multiple times here, that is the raw board... you can buy the pcb only, you cannot buy a completed v2 board from a known reputable source. You have to order a small run which is 3 pieces, which is 75$ from them. You then have to order all of the raw parts for the build. Then you must build it once you have the parts.
November 27, 2015 05:26AM
Geetech responses to the comments in their Ramps-FD page say:
"
Hello, which version do you offer right now - v1 or v2?

rita xiang | 08/30/2015

V1.2
"

Is this a version with solved issues? Do you know anything about it? The comment is a few months old already so they've been offering this for some time.

I have also asked them via email on their aliexpress page for the ramps-fd:

"
Rocky Liu
2015-11-26 18:59
it's v2 version of ramps-fd

About this product
High Sensitivity!Geeetech New Pololu Shield RAMPS-FD for Arduino Due 3D Printer RepRap controller board
Hello,

Is this v1 or v2 version of ramps-fd?

Thank you.
Me
2015-11-26 10:34"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 05:31AM by realthor.

Hi all.

On site geeetech.com actually sell this board with version 1.2 (by discussion below). Please anyone know what is new/fix on this version?

Thx.
December 16, 2015 07:41PM
I suspect they've made their own changes and labelled it V1.2. My guess is it's V1 with a few small changes and nothing like the V2 design.

Also: All the pics on the item page AND on the WIKI are of the V1 design (as of when I'm typing this). If they can't be bothered updating their pictures, why should you trust them to be selling what they claim they are?

Without one of their boards in my hands I couldn't tell you more. Given how Geeetech has treated us over this (as one of the people involved behind the design), I will not deal with them. I recommend that no one else deals with them either.
December 16, 2015 07:58PM
As this is not open source but proprietary lock-in I would too advise steering away from it... or anything else that is against openness or anything dear to the reprap community. I am saddened by how chinese companies understood open source and the open hardware movement.

Now it's time for us to put our money where our mouth is. Personally I am done with closed source that can;t be hacked, improved upon, get assistance and support for and so on. The closed source might be making more money (Apple taught the whole world that it can be profitable) but then you find yourself at the mercy of these companies and the communities like this one will still feel obligated to assist you because that is what we do and that is what they are profiting from besides the money.

Nevertheless, ask them to publish the sources and we might change our minds. We still like cheap but not cheap and disrespectful.

My 2c.

RampsFD can I use a jymcu bluetooth adapter if so where do I get power and which RX /TX do I use? help Aux1 different than Ramps 1.4 trying to figure out if I can still use a jy-mcu adapter anyone know or have info on it. ty
Does anyone know if there is a way to hook a jy-mcu adapter to RampsFD. I did it fine on ramps1.4 on aux-1 ,but rampsFD aux-1 is different?
Hello all here,
so i tried the jump to ramps fd- arduino too but........temperature reading is 74 degree, both. Why?
So i spent days reading all about the issues of ramps fd, made the fix from jetguy to make sure not to run in trouble with heaters. The complete electronic already worked fine with ramps 1.4 . mega but stuttering with the full grafik display.
There already have been people around telling the ramps fd is running successful, anybody here to tell me how to fix the temperature issue?

This is my 3rd Delta now, Kossel mini. Marlin 4due is working. I already tried all thermistor tables, always too high readings, the thermistors work.
The arduino due is a china clone, don´t hit me ;-)......yes, one of my two Due had the issue with the zero ohm resistor which i fixed and also soldered a nice ground wire from thermistor ground to Arduino Ground.
So where to look at now?

Maybe another useful hint, measurement at thermistor pins are about 2,5v......is that ok?

Now i took a close look at the resistors for the thermistors, 4,7k and 22r, these seem to be correct as drawn in the schematic, so i wonder if geetech used different values here or why are people out having no problems with temperature readings like me?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 05:56AM by MLTon.
hallo cocktailyogi

hab hier 2 Ramps FD v1 die ich gerne in meine Kossel verbauen möchte, allerdings zeigen beide etwa 80 Grad Thermistor- Bed temperatur an, die Thermistoren etc. waren im Kossel verbaut mit Ramps 1.4 sind gelaufen und reagieren auch im FD auf Heißluft. Nun weiß ich nicht ob da grundsätzlich was faul ist und mir umsonst Mühe machen würde mit dem Umbau.

Wäre hoch erfreut nach langer Suche im Netz mal mit jemandem plaudern zu können, der ein erfolgreich umgebautes Ramps FD hat.

Bislang hab ich den Mod von Jetguy probiert,
Marlin 4 Due
12V an die Ramps FD und nach dem Temperaturdesaster alle möglichen Thermistortabellen probiert,
immer zu hohe Temperatur.

Was ist davon zu halten?
Problem gelöst
I'm hoping I found the right group of people here and this is one of the problems found...

I purchased one of the RAMPS-FD boards and it's the version 1 rev a.

It looks like I have everything working except for the extruder motor. I cannot get it to extrude or retract at all, even after warm up.

I'm using repetier firmware .92.8.

All of the components are working as I'm trying to replace a ramps 1.4 setup (which was great except for the pausing).

Any ideas on this?
Hello.
I will be connecting ESP8266 module to mine Ramps-Fd.
I have made a clarification on pins based on picture
and pinouts Schematic.
I hope that can help to use Aux, Serial, Servo, I2C.
Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 09:35AM by j.fabianski.
Carlm419
I'm hoping I found the right group of people here and this is one of the problems found...

It looks like I have everything working except for the extruder motor. I cannot get it to extrude or retract at all, even after warm up.

I'm using repetier firmware .92.8.

All of the components are working as I'm trying to replace a ramps 1.4 setup (which was great except for the pausing).

Any ideas on this?

Maybe a basic question but...
Have you check, the connection is correct pairs A-A, B-B and if in theory motor is powered, is locked or free rotating?
Hi
I want to correct the errors described in this article.
I had some questions:
1) Where to use: - 4 resistors 100 Ohm (wired or SMD)
2) Instead of position of Q501 - Resistor 10k to Source - Drain ?

I ask for photos of the improvements.

Found an article on the alteration of the board.
[www.treccarichi.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 04:48AM by And.
Thanks attached translated english
Attachments:
open | download - MODIFY A RAMPS-FD V. 1.X – Treccarichi.net.pdf (5.11 MB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login