Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unexpected short : +5v is gone...

Posted by Zavashier 
Unexpected short : +5v is gone...
December 03, 2014 07:45AM
Hi all. I believe one bolt of my Prusa I3 felt on the ramps by night and made a short, where, I dunno ! I just retrieved a loose bolt near. In the morning, the +5v was gone. The ramps is still working, but now needs to get it's +5v from USB. I've got a Smart Display and I want my +5v back to be able to work unplugged. Where should I look to find which component gone wrong ? And eventualy replace it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2014 07:45AM by Zavashier.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
Re: Unexpected short : +5v is gone...
December 03, 2014 08:21AM
Check whether you are getting +12V on the Vin pin of the Arduino Mega. If yes, then the voltage regulator on the Mega has probably failed. If no, then check D1 on the RAMPS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 07:38AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 03, 2014 01:09PM
Try feeding 12v into the power jack on the arduino.
December 04, 2014 07:17AM
Many thanks guys, I will check that out this week-end winking smiley

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
December 12, 2014 09:55AM
Hi all ! So I replaced the D1 diode with a brand new one. But that do not brings my +5V sad smiley Then, I tryed to power the mega board with +12V from the external PSU to the DC imput connector. Unfortunately, that does not works too. Without A USB plug, the mega stays sleeping... A friend gave ùe a brand new RAMPS to do a swap test. It looks like the problem is inside the mega board...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login