Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reconnect before a job

Posted by paulnd 
Reconnect before a job
January 13, 2015 01:10PM
Hi,

I've asked this questions on the Repetier host forum but unfortunately the devs have not come across this before so I'm trying here.

Using Repetier host v1.06 I find that I need to disconnect and reconnect before starting a new print otherwise the hotend temperature doesn't register although it is heating. The first time this happened the hotend reached almost 300C before I realised what was going on.

The printer is responsive after printing a job and heating is turned off after a job.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I'm using Marlin on a Ramps 1.4 board and Kisslicer to slice.

Paul
Re: Reconnect before a job
January 19, 2015 05:25PM
Hi,

A brief update, I have the same problem with Pronterface so I assume that it's firmware related. The hotend no longer heats up at all if I don't disconnect and reconnect the print and the displayed hotend temperature remains at what ever it was when the print started. After I disconnect and reconnect every thing works correctly.

I am still hopeful that someone may has a suggestion although there have been no replies after 80+ views.

Thanks

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login