Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

320X240 LCD on Ramps 1.4

Posted by romaytech 
320X240 LCD on Ramps 1.4
January 14, 2015 08:37PM
Hello All

I am hoping that someone can point me in the direction to add an 320X240 lcd to my Ramps v1.4. It is for the Arduino Uno and uses ILI9341 driver and SPI. I am guessing for now I would just need information on what pins to use on the ramps that might make this possible. It uses the following pins on the Arduino Uno:

Pins Used for TFT Screen Control:
D4 : TF_CS, SD card select input pin
D5 : TFT_CS, TFT chip select input pin
D6 : TFT_D/C, TFT Data/Command control pin
D7 : BACKLIGHT, TFT backlight control pin

Pins Used for SPI Interface
D10 : SPI chip select
D11 : SPI data pin
D12 : SPI data pin
D13 : SPI serial clock pin

Pins Used for Touch Function
A0 - Touch Screen Y- input pin.
A1 - Touch Screen X- input pin.
A2 - Touch Screen Y+ input pin.
A3 - Touch Screen X+ input pin.

I am not worried about using the touch feature, just mainly want the SD and display. I am using the Repetier firmware due to being unable to get the Marlin firmware to function at all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Romaytech
Re: 320X240 LCD on Ramps 1.4
January 14, 2015 09:10PM
This Adafruit 2.8" model uses the same driver chip.

You should be able to easily use their Adafruit_GFX library to talk it, regardless of the pins on the RAMPS you connect to.

If you have any interest in adding a UI to your system, let me know, I'm working on a visualization system for a similar TFT model (Adafruit 1.8") for BrundleFab
January 15, 2015 03:04PM
Wow, that is awesome!

So, basically you feed this device gcode that would be fed to the printer anyway and instead of printing, it draws lines on the tft to show the print progress?
Looks great!

I´ll be following this!
January 15, 2015 03:09PM
Yes, but it prints too - I'm using DC motors + encoders for my X and Y axes, and pretty much had to roll my own firmware.

I had this TFT laying around and the code space on my Mega, and a few hours...
January 15, 2015 03:22PM
I am just inspecting your code..very cool!
You are using really basic line drawing stuff,, bresenham´s.. sutherland.. It´s cool to see those CG pearls on an arduino :-)

Aside from the fact that your whole project is cool (inkjet powder printing) people would really love to have this gadget on their fdm-printer, I believe.
So let´s have a 2nd arduino mini that gets gcode from marlin that is currently being printed via serial and display it.

Let´s go even one step further and fetch the whole gcode before print, display the object and highlight the current move.. that´s even useful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login