Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single axis broken?

Posted by jtoombs 
Single axis broken?
January 30, 2015 03:03PM
Has anyone ever had a single axis break on their RAMPS 1.4 board? My Y axis spot for the driver seems to have broken. I can put a working driver in the Y axis driver spot and nothing happens. Then I can take that same driver out and move it to the X axis spot and it works fine. This is using the same motor also. And all of the driver switching is happening without the power on.

Help!
JTT
Re: Single axis broken?
January 30, 2015 04:48PM
Yes. It is likely that you have a failed component or trace in the Y-axis location. It may even be a problem with the arduino pins associated with the Y-axis driver socket...

In a pinch, you can remap the pins in Marlin to use the E1 (second extruder) driver socket and plug.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Ano
January 30, 2015 07:33PM
Are the configs right? Look at this lines:
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,4000,473}  // Ano default steps per unit for Ultimaker {78.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 1, 25}    // Ano (mm/sec) {500, 500, 5, 25} // Statt 5 2 oder 1
I had the same problem, but after editing the config it worked.
January 30, 2015 07:46PM
I solved it guys but thanks for replies anyway. It seems that my RAMPS shield was not firmly press into the Arduino board. So I guess there was a lack of connection on a few pins but the rest of the board was working. Everything is back to normal now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login