Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops stops working after homing RAMPS 1.4 / ME1.2

Posted by blim 
Endstops stops working after homing RAMPS 1.4 / ME1.2
January 31, 2015 02:55PM
Hi,
Just finished designing and building a printer based on ramps 1.4 running on Marlin. End stops are Mech Endstops v1.2 wired with 3 wires. I use end stops in both ends of each axis to prevent crashing if running to far out. The end stops works just fine when i connect to the printer, if I run one of the axis and hit the corresponding end stop the stepper will stop. The same when running a homing cycle, the end stops works just fine.

However AFTER running a homing cycle the end stops doesn't respond anymore if I hit one of the end stops while running a single axis or during a print. Homing still works though. If i reset the printer the end stops works again. Also, when using M119 the status of the end stops display correct any time.

Thankful for any ideas on what I can do to make the end stops work as they should..

Blim
Re: Endstops stops working after homing RAMPS 1.4 / ME1.2
February 01, 2015 05:09AM
If I was you I would just use 3 endstops - the steppers should not over-run in any situation that I can think of in a properly set-up machine. It just complicates things - in fact, you can run a machine without any end stops though I would prefer to have the 3 in place to make life easier.

February 01, 2015 03:02PM
Some firmwares (e.g. the RepRapFirmware that I support) include code that prevents you from moving outside the limits of each axis after it has been homed. Does Marlin have that facility? If so, then you will probably have to configure it to know how long your axes are.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Endstops stops working after homing RAMPS 1.4 / ME1.2
February 01, 2015 05:20PM
Thank you.
I have configured soft limits, and that works for most cases. However if one gets lost steps due to for example crashing into a warped print there should be some hard limits to stop the machine when hitting its end switches. Both Ramps and Marlin support 6 switch setup, so it should work, and I don't see why it doesn't work for me..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login