Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor Only Moves in One Direction!

Posted by joshuafkon 
Motor Only Moves in One Direction!
June 08, 2015 12:10PM
Hello!

I'm working on getting my machine up and running using Marlin firmware - but I'm having some problems. The X-axis motor only moves to the left. This is slightly complicated by the fact that I'm using Powerlolu stepper motor drivers

I have searched this forum and tried some of the suggestions with no luck so far -

• I have removed all the endstops and jumped the endstop pins together - sending M119 shows that all the endstops are open
  • I have tried using the RAMPSTestCode.pde (everything lights up but the motor only moves in one direction)
  • I've even switched out my motors and tried a different RAMPs board.

Does anyone have any experience with the powerlolu stepper driver? I suspect I'm wiring that incorrectly?

I'm particularly unclear about the circled GND and Voltage - I interpreted that wiring diagram as saying that if I'm using an external power supply (which I am - 24V) then don't use those lines at all
Thanks!
Re: Motor Only Moves in One Direction!
June 08, 2015 03:38PM
To duplicate my post from your redundant thread, check to be certain that direction and enable are not reversed. If they are, one direction will disable the driver and behave as you are seeing.

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 03:38PM by tadawson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login