Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone purchased a RAMPS board from amazon.co.uk ?

Posted by paulhurleyuk 
Has anyone purchased a RAMPS board from amazon.co.uk ?
August 11, 2015 04:26PM
I'm based in the UK and am looking to buy a RAMPS board. I have some Amazon vouchers, so thats my preferred vendor. Has anyone purchased boards or drivers via Amazon? Any quality issues or advice?

There's quite a large price variation (£17 - £40, average around £22), it looks like the Mega's are all knock offs, but I'm interested in opinions.

Paul.
Re: Has anyone purchased a RAMPS board from amazon.co.uk ?
August 11, 2015 11:06PM
Mega's are open source so not really knock offs. I suspect most if not all of the Ramps boards come from China. If it's cheaper to buy them from Amazon, then there's no reason not to buy them. I've bought many ramps boards from China and all were good. I can't get free Amazon shipping like you probably can so my best bet is China.

August 17, 2015 04:14AM
Hi Mate, I'm in the UK too, i bought the cheapest replacement RAMPS 1.4 that was covered by Prime and it has been fine so far. As said previously they are open source so there are no real 'knock offs'. The only downside was that the heated bed FET didn't come with a heatsink but i had one to use from my fried RAMPS.
Re: Has anyone purchased a RAMPS board from amazon.co.uk ?
August 17, 2015 12:09PM
Hi,

I bought a RAMPS / Mega / Driver boards combo from Amazon with no trouble. Unfortunately I blew the RAMPS up though my own folly (repaired now) and bought one of these which is now running my Delta with no issues. Nice quality board

My blog: 3DR build and more . . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login