Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Power expander for heatbed

Posted by veggienuts 
Reprap Power expander for heatbed
September 23, 2015 10:20AM
Hello

I have wired up a 24v power supply for my heatbed on my 3d print and I am having issues I hope you guys can help with. The issue is the heatbed once power is supplied it is right away heating the bed I should have control over it but I cannot turn the power off other than by turning the socket of. Does this mean the mosfet is no good?
Re: Reprap Power expander for heatbed
September 23, 2015 12:32PM
Are you certain you have the 24V supply + and - connections connected to the RAMPS heated bed input the right way round?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 24, 2015 05:12AM
Both GND pins of the power connector should be bridged too. ( only the GND pins )

Make sure, the 11A polyfuse is rated for 24V+ or remove it and use a standard inline car fuse holder instead.
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 05:15AM by o_lampe.
September 25, 2015 09:05AM
dc42
Are you certain you have the 24V supply + and - connections connected to the RAMPS heated bed input the right way round?
Yes 100% sure I have a 24V PSU and as far as I can tell it is wired correctly. Repiter is showing the temp it just not stopping it when it gets to the default temp setting, it just keeps heating.
September 29, 2015 12:08AM
is your firmware set to "bang bang" rather than PWM !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login