Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y Axsis not working???

Posted by veggienuts 
Y Axsis not working???
September 25, 2015 09:43AM
Hello again

I have just wired up my velleman k8200 3d printer to run off of a ramps 1.4 and everything seems to be functioning apart from the Y axsis if I press the button to move it nudges like .01mm and the stop completey. I have checked wiring, endstops, and stepper drivers. All seem to be fine but y don't work any ideas I could try? Thanks
Re: Y Axsis not working???
October 02, 2015 09:14AM
No ideas???
October 02, 2015 02:27PM
I regard Arduino Mega/RAMPS as obsolete and a poor (although cheap) choice these days; but as nobody else has replied, here are my suggestions:

1. Check that the microstepping jumpers underneath the Y driver are set correctly.

2. Check that with the power off, the motor spins freely and the Y axis moves freely.

3. Check the Vref potentiometer setting on the Y driver.

4. Check that the Y steps/mm are set correctly in the firmware.

5. Swap the X and Y drivers, if you haven't already done so, and see if the problem moves to the X axis. If it does then the driver is faulty or badly adjusted.

6. Swap over the X and Y motor connections on the RAMPS, to see if the problem moves to the X axis (don't try to home the printer in this configuration).

7. Try commanding the Y axis to move at a much lower speed, e.g. send G91 to put the printer in relative mode, then G1 Y10 F60 to move the head by +10mm in the Y direction at 1mm/sec.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 04, 2015 03:01AM
dc42
I regard Arduino Mega/RAMPS as obsolete and a poor (although cheap) choice these days; but as nobody else has replied, here are my suggestions:

If that's true, then there are thousands of "obsolete" machines out there!

Click here to login