Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 , hotend is powered all time , motors dont turn

Posted by pokick 
RAMPS 1.4 , hotend is powered all time , motors dont turn
October 20, 2015 05:44PM
hello ,
as I wrote in topic ,
1. hotend is powered all time , even when disconected from ararduino , end everything disattached
2. motors dont turn , even while pots are set on max , they just make loud sound

all of those is from china , drivers a4988 , motors 42shd0217-24b

thanks for help ;3
Re: RAMPS 1.4 , hotend is powered all time , motors dont turn
October 21, 2015 12:34PM
Check all of your wiring to make sure nothing is reversed or backwards. Then try uploading the following test code. When power is supplied to your board, the test code should move the motors back and forth and blink LEDs on the board so that you can rule out bad components and/or wiring.
October 21, 2015 12:35PM
Check the Ramps board for solder bridges. Also check the MosFets cooling plates aren't touching.

Then check the wiring order of your steppers, you have to switch two wires ( red vs yellow or gray vs green ) according to this datasheet:

-Olaf
October 21, 2015 05:32PM
yup , i noticed that motors have other wiring , thats one less problem , and the mosfet was broken i desoldered it but now i have to change pinout to use 2nd extruder as first , i tried to change it in pinout.h but in resoult even hotbed dont work
October 22, 2015 11:04AM
both of my mosfet are dead , this from hotbed and extruder , do u know what could kill them ?
October 23, 2015 04:08AM
Check the 5V regulator of the arduino. If it does only supply 4.5V or lower, the standard Ramps MosFets are not switched properly and become very hot ( and eventually die )
If you have to replace them, look for 3.3V UGS types.
-Olaf
October 27, 2015 08:10AM
If you are replacing the FETs, splash and buy some with Rdns as low as possible.
I was perusing I think it was Farnell online and scored a couple of 150A 2mohm
for $10 each.
Basically doubled the value of the board, cheap eBay version, but the stock ones
are questioned quite a bit.

Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login